Monday, January 25, 2010

Morning MUNI Views

Things have been ramping up at work for me lately and I'm beginning to get a number of new tasks assigned to me so my idle time has been effectively diminishing. That being said this blog may very well be headed down the path of my previous attempts at a significantly updated blog.

Today while riding the J Church into work I noticed a man with grotesquely long fingernails. While this isn't' the first time I've seen a dude with long nails, I did find myself thinking about what this may or may not indicate about this man's character. The only reason I could think that anyone would need to have such long nails would be to play classical guitar or some other type of instrument. I can't think of any other utility for such a thing. My younger brother used to grow his finger nails out to an oddly long length. Now I always had a hunch that it was just a matter of laziness in his case, although he did begin carrying around Kalimbas (aka those little African hand piano things) to play quite frequently which I imagine the nails assisted in the flicking of the rigid metal tines. I did however always think that the Kalimba playing was a convenient excuse for him to not trim his claws. I don't know if this is something that he still does, but either way I've come to terms with it. This grown man, on the other hand, did not appear to be a musician as he was not carrying anything with him and his hands otherwise looked like the well-worn hands of a hard-working construction agent. This was another odd observation as none of his nails appeared to be broken or cracked, yet they were not neatly manicured as those of the classical guitar teacher that I had during my stint as a college music student. The only other thing I could have chalked this up to was that it was some cultural phenomenon that I am completely unfamiliar with. We'll never know.

Another thing that I've noticed riding MUNI is that people tend to appear much more attractive in the reflections of the windows than they do looking at them straight on. I've been quite surprised by the enhancing abilities of glass.

That's all for now, there's work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment