Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thunder Canyon

Welp, it's been a little while since I've updated so let's see what comes out today.

As for the SF Sketchfest Conan O'Brien tribute that was slated to pop off this past Sunday was canceled/postponed indefinitely much to my dismay. I was really looking forward this event especially due to the extremely relevant timing. I suppose the madness of contract negotiations proved to be overwhelming for TV's favorite ginger. At least it seems as if this debacle is nearing an end, which could prove to be for the best for Conan. Let's move on...

Early this morning I was awoken by a rare occurrence in SF, thunder.
I've always enjoyed a nice concussive thunderstorm so I was pleasantly surprised when I was nudged from my slumber by the clamor. I laid half asleep in bed listening to the thunder bounce and echo off the buildings of the city. It's a much different sound than those that I'm used to in the Midwest. There the individual claps seem to be much more forceful. But here in San Francisco the densely packed buildings have a way of amplifying and prolonging the sound, and make the entire city rumble. I drifted back into sleep, only to be roused several moments later by a passing couple of crack heads in a heated argument about who knows what. I only stayed awake long enough to ensure that they didn't linger around my windows and doorstep for so long as to warrant a little motivation to keep it moving.
The thunder returned briefly this afternoon while at work. And if one can trust the weather forecasts there may be more to come later this evening!

On another note I've managed to stay mostly smoke-free for the last week with the exception of a fair amount of cigarettes on Friday evening. When I've quit in the past for extended periods of time I've found keeping a vigorous routine of daily excercise to be the crux that leads to success. So I renewed my membership to 24 Hour Fitness at the beginning of the month and made my lackluster return (two weeks later) this past weekend. The difficult part now is trying to figure out where to place it in my daily regimen. I dislike crowded gyms to the point where I will avoid going altogether so this is proving to be a difficult task. I'm going to test the waters after work today to see if I'll be able to fit it in then, but if I recollect accurately this is one of the busiest times of the day to attempt a trip to the gym. Ideally I'd like to go on my lunch break, but I don't know if I've been at my job long enough to be able to fenagle it.

Finally my current obsession is the Massachusetts senatorial race that is playing out as I type this. Currently it's not boding well, but with some luck maybe we'll all be able to breathe a sigh of relief at a close call and make sure that this scenario does not occur again.

No comments:

Post a Comment