Monday, January 11, 2010

Miscellaneous Items On My Mind

Just a few short items for today.

1. I've been following @FedCourtJunkie's twitter stream of the Prop8 Trial which kicked off today. It's looking like it will prove to be a provocative trial and hopefully with any luck this horribly bigoted amendment will be overturned.

2. I went and saw Daybreakers last night at the Metreon. The sheer magnitude of just one screening room astonishes me every time. The screen and sound system are almost overwhelming (especially if slightly enebriated). The crowd at times is my least favorite part. People almost always feel the need to over-exaggerate their reactions with inappropriately timed howls or scoffs. I'm sure I don't have to go into further explanation as everyone has experienced this phenomena. All in all this is my preferred theater for blockbuster and heavy-on-the-action movies hands down.
And Daybreakers, while rather ridiculous, wasn't that bad.

3. We hopped on the K Ingleside to get back home after the movie and as we were boarding I noticed that the interior of one of the windows was dripping with some sort of liquid. Next I noticed a particularly homely looking woman sitting alone in the three seats in front of that window with sopping wet hair trying to absorb the liquid explosion by lightly and randomly dabbing at clothing with a mangled tissue. Upon entering the car a fine waft of malt liquor assaulted nasal passages and it became clear that this woman had just recently been the source of the smell and the subsequent mess. She was clearly dick-million sheets to the wind at that point and everyone on the train gave her a wide berth leaving all of the surrounding seats vacant opting to stand instead. Luckily the lady chose not to interact with anyone and promptly got off at the next stop. You could see the relief on everyone's face, and people kindly advised the new riders not to sit in the seats where she had been sitting, although not everyone got the message before it was too late.
In the future I hope to provide photographic or video evidence of similar experiences.

4. I have been absolutely obsessed with the NBC/Leno/O'Brien madness that has been going on. And after reading multiple articles on the matter I think we can all agree that Conan is getting the shaft. On the other hand these articles have brought to light a few positive things that may come from this mess:
  • If all goes well Carson Daly may no longer be broadcast into the homes of Americans
  • Conan may get an opportunity to bigger and better things on another network. And if you ask me, I think the late night talk show format has been stale for some time now anyhow.
  • Finally there may be a new show in the works to fill the gap that Leno's failed prime time slot will be leaving. This show may be featuring the likes of Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Charles Barkley, Tina Fey, and others attempting to solve the problems of couples in deteriorating marriages. This sounds potentially golden to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment