Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Deliver Me From Safeway

If there's one thing that I hate doing it's trying to purchase just about anything at the Safeway at Market and Church.  From time to time I forget how horrible my experiences there have been and convince myself that I've only been exaggerating it in my mind.
Well last night was another one of those times where I allowed myself to falsely believe that the convenience of closeness and the wider snack selection compared to the Walgreens on Haight St would be worth the trip to Safeway.  Low and behold I was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Even though it was close to 9pm the grocery was still teeming with degenerates and infinitely long lines.  I grabbed my two small snack items and raced for the shortest check-out line.  I opted for the "Express" lane over the self-service line as it looked somewhat shorter.
Well, long story short it only took about 45 minutes to get out of Safeway with my small bag of trail mix and Cliff bar.  It makes me want to peel my face off!!!! 
Every. Single. Time. I enter that store I cannot manage to escape in under 20 minutes unless I am there solely to use the ATM.  I went there once around 1am on a Saturday night and it still took nearly an hour to get out with under four items.  Why is this store so awfully inefficient?!?!?   Anyone?
Ok, that's the end.  I just won't go there unless I absolutely have to...  or I get another late night snack urge that cannot be ignored.
This picture was taken when the "Express" lane had finally whittled itself about half-way down to 11 people. When I initially got in line it seemed like the better option compared to the 30 odd people in the self-check line, turns out both lines move at relative speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment