Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dave Chappelle's Come Back @ The New Parish

Sorry, it's been almost a month since my last post. Things have kind of picked up in my day to day activities, and I was focusing my writing efforts into an open call for a feature length comedy treatment.

That being said, I don't even recall all of the things I've done or thought between the last time I blogged and now.

One of the more notable things was that I got the chance to Dave Chappelle perform twice in one week at The New Parish in Oakland. I accidentally bought tickets to both the Thursday 2/11 (early set) and Saturday 2/13 (late set) shows and was unable to get a refund for one of the nights so I went to both.
Despite all of the hyped up ban on recording devices I was still able to slip a small HD cam into both shows. Now because I was more interested in enjoying myself and trying not to draw attention to my illegal camera the resulting footage was pretty worthless. The only portion of either recording which might be worthwhile is the audio of which I got around an hour of each set.

I'm going to attempt to upload it to this blog a little later, but I'm not certain I'll even be able to, stay tuned...

Let's see, what else? I went to the Valentine's Day Pillow Fight at Justin Herman Plaza, and coincidentally on the way there passed Dave Chappelle and his kids outside of the Four Seasons hotel. What a stalker-ish weekend that turned out to be.

Lots of other crap happened over the last few weeks but I don't feel like trying to remember and record it all for you now. It's probably not that interesting to you anyway.


**Update audio from the Saturday 2/12 late set below**

No comments:

Post a Comment