Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cripes!!! Oh so many blogs!

It seems like everyday, while I pilfer away the work hours reading up on local blogs, I run into a new even more niched publication with coverage of the Bay Area.  They all have a much higher calibre of writing and design to them as well as a built in audience.  Kudos you to folks, you seem to have done something right.
I on the other hand have much less of an attention span and am only one person (as opposed to a team) which may be the reason while this blog is not quite as successful in appearance and content.
I often wonder how these people are capable of getting the information they do while they simultaneously work a full-time job.  They must either be getting paid to do so, or they are wasting MUCH more time than I am.  Either way, here's a very abbreviated list of local blogs that I tend to refresh several times a day to see what I'm missing out on as I sit in an office in the FiDi:

SFist
SF Appeal
SF Citizen
Mission Mission
Uptown Almanac
Sex Pigeon
Blog SF (which appears to be an aggregator/blog roll in itself)
Haighteration
Curbed SF
Laughing Squid
Gawker: Valleywag
7x7


And these are just few.  Obviously there are the usual print publications that have made the switch over to the digital medium as well such as SFGate(Chron), Examiner, SF Weekly, Bay Guardian, etc.  Too many to name, and somehow they all manage to come across with their own original content.  Although that's not to say that they don't all tend to cover the big topics simultaneously, but when that happens you get the opportunity to view multi-angled coverage which can provide some very interesting prospective.

Anywho, the point?  I guess there's not one really.  Maybe one day this crappy blog will have something to add to the over saturated opinion/tabloidial/news/events SF BAY AREA sphere.

1 comment:

  1. Case in point, my office is about a block away from where that guy got hit by the 14 Mission and has apparently now died (rip), however it was all over twitter, and the aforementioned blogs/misc. pubs before I even knew about it.
    Literally almost right outside the window of my office.

    ReplyDelete