Wednesday, April 28, 2010

22 Fillmore and Car Door Collide

Last Friday, while venturing into the Mission, the 22 Fillmore bus that I was on collided with a car door on Mission St. just before Valencia.  Luckily for me this was going to be my stop anyway and as such I didn't really stick around to survey the aftermath.
Also, in my opinion, it didn't really seem to me like it was the MUNI operator's fault either.  The owner of the car had just finished parallel parking into a tight spot on Mission St. and was exiting his car at a precocious pace with the vigor of either a fantastic or hectic weekend ahead of him.  With a burst of ambition the man swung open the door a little too far just as the 22 Fillmore was lurching forward and crunch it went. 
Man: "Ahhhhhh!"
Bus empties.
I go on my way.
Funny thing is, I imagine this caused quite a back up on Mission for a while, it being Friday evening rush hour and all.  Yet I never once heard anything else about it.
I guess it just gets chocked up as business as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment