Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Local Celebrity of the Day: Old Spear Street White Beard

Again, here's another half-assed feature of someone that I (and I'm certain many other people) see almost every weekday. 
He is another denizen of Spear Street between Mission and Market.  One of the kindest, least obtrusive bums in all of San Francisco.  I have never heard this man outright ask for anything whatsoever; he merely stands or shuffles up and down saying "have a good evening'" or some other variation.  You can tell all around nice guy.  If you happen to see him be sure to tip the hat and drop a dime if you can spare it.
I don't know much else about him other than what I can gather from passing him daily, although I'm sure he has an interesting background and present story.   Maybe someday when I have a little more time and something to give back I'll stop and chat with him a little longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment