Thursday, September 30, 2010

So's a friend and I went to that Jackass screening last night that I mentioned a couple days back. Turns out it was a complete whack attack! We arrived pretty early as instructed to because they intentionally overbook the theater. When we get in line we're given a hand bill instructing us that there will be two screenings one at 8:30 and one at 9. Both will be introduced by Johnny Knoxville and some other guy and a wrist band will determine which one you get into. So far, so good. Scan just a little further down the card, what's this? The screening will only be 7 minutes of selected clips from the upcoming feature, WTF?!?! "But you get to party with Johnny Knoxville at the 'after party,'" says one of the hired girls handing out the cards with instructions. Honestly I could care less about that.
Lots of people left when they found out the screening was only 7 minutes long, and I can't blame them. Why wait in line for an hour or two to watch an extended preview for a movie?
Anyway, people are filed into the theater. It's sort of full, but not 100% full. After waiting around a little longer Johnny Knoxville comes out with some other guy and gives a 5 second introduction and says be sure to come down to the bar located inside the Metreon to party with him afterwards. Then we wait another 10 minutes, and finally the clip starts. 7 minutes later the lights come back on and I think there's a general sense of underwhelming boredom.
Most of the people in attendance then headed toward Jillian's, the bar inside the Metreon. Hell, they waited this long for something to happen why not check it out. I'm kind hesitant about the idea, but let's see how bad the crowd is.
Welp, another line. Oh wait, if you're under 21 you get to walk right in, but 21+ wait in another line to be carded for the second time in under an hour. Ok, no thanks, I've had enough. What am I going to say to Johnny Knoxville anyway? And I'm sure Mr. Knoxville really cares about the embarrassing things that you feel the need to say in front of him like he wants to be your friend. Sorry pal, he's only there for the paycheck.

Don't get me wrong Knoxville comes off as a stand up guy. I'm just certain there are plenty of other things he'd probably rather be doing.
And on a lighter note the new Jackass movie does look like it's going to be just a entertaining as previous Jackass exploits. I guess I'll just have to pay to see it when it's released.

No comments:

Post a Comment